Friday, August 26, 2005

Re-Invigorating

I am relaunching the Pacific Slope Extension, and adding to its scope model railroading.

I have dabbled in model railroading for over twenty years now - since I was six, technically.

Unfortunately, my accomplishments have never quite met my aspirations. I have yet to physically build a layout that is more than a small loop on a sheet of plywood - chiefly because I hadn't made the effort to.

Like many model railroaders, I have hopelessly grand schemes for model railroads that shatter when exposed to the harsh light of reality.

But that is about to change. I have a concept for a model railroad that I believe is doable, now.

So in the next few weeks, I'm going to start posting up here my layout rationale, starting with what I want to portray. Basically, I'm going to use this weblog as an open journal, to record my thoughts and ideas as they happen. Things will evolve and change over time, and I will track those changes here as well.

History-oriented posts will now be found on The Pacific Slope, co-mingling with my political essays and rants. But railroad-related items will continue here, as they strike my fancy.

The goal is a post a week, minimum. Hopefully more.

Thanks for looking around, and I hope you enjoy the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome. Please keep your comments polite and on-topic. Thanks!